Wednesday, December 05, 2007

#175 - Science Oddities and an Update

Science Oddities and an Update

Everyone needs a break from lupus... boy do we!

So here's a link to a fun science blog with fascinating science oddities:

Oddee - Quality Entertainment




UPDATE:

I am going to write about :


MABEL THE MIGRAINE MONSTER

and such... feel free to skip!

I am down and out for the count with the breakthrough migraine pain. The neurologist prescribed a very strong medicine for the breakthroughs. It saves me from extra emergency room visits, and untold suffering.

But, I am a tad overwhelmed with the whole MABEL thing right now because she has been incredibly active since Thanksgiving.

The medication is VERY strong, and I tend to wait awhile before taking it. Many of you with these pain issues know what it's like. When you live with constant pain... you learn to tough it out to see if it just might ease up.

The problem with this breakthrough migraine medication seems to be that you have to take it sooner rather than later. It just doesn't seem to be as effective if I wait too long.

I am not complaining about this. Actually I am grateful that there is something now available. But, the medication makes me truly feel STONED. I do not like that feeling. With life feeling so out of control so much, I don't like feeling like my mind is not completely in charge.

I have been on Lyrica since about mid-October. The results seem to be good. I have the use of my left arm and left hand back. It took several weeks to deal with the side effects. I was sleepy all the time, and the munchies hit big time with this one.

From what I am hearing from other online lupus patients, reactions are mixed. Some folks are also benefitting, some have noticed no change, and there have been some allergic reactions.

The Thanksgiving holiday was terrific. We got to spend time with many, many family members. I finally got to meet my two newest great neices! That was beyond the beyonds of happiness.

Got to spend more visiting time last weekend with another neice... so wonderful. (Sorry I fell asleep on you, Chris!)

Had to take a break from the comic strip due to the lupus being naughty this week. Hands are too shaky to paint.

Going to be slowing down with online volunteerism and writing until after the New Year. I want to save the spoons (energy) for my family.

I wanted to offer my gratitude to everyone who has been visiting the blogs and website. I finally got the Site Meter to cohesively count all the locations as one. (I post Life Beyond Lupus on three blog servers). I can not believe how many people have come through this year.

Thank you! Thank you!

I will continue to work hard to update the lupus blogs and website.

Many Blessings to Everyone!

No comments: